11.22.2016

Challenge #22 Inspiration with Varada

Hello friends, it's Varada here playing with the following grid:

I used Scene + Use Dimension + Texture (diagonal row) to make this card:


The stamps and dies in this card came from Hero Arts My Monthly Hero October card kit. 
I stamped images for deer, Christmas tree, lamp post and Santa's sleigh. I die cut all of these along with a couple snowdrifts and background for snowglobe. I also die cut the base of the snowglobe using silver glitter paper. 
Then I worked on the snowglobe background - I heat embossed the snow using white embossing powder, at the bottom I stamped the tree silhouettes and ink blended my sky using distress ink. I also splattered some tiny drops of water on the sky and used a paper towel to lift up the color. 
For added texture, I used SSS stitched whirl background die for my panel. This one cuts the whole panel out (something I had forgotten... lol). I stamped my sentiment on it using Archival Black ink and my trusted MISTI.
Finally I assembled everything using some foam tape and some scor tape onto a black card base. I also added silver glitter tape on the side and trimmed down the card to make it same height at the swirly white panel. For finishing touch, I added a couple clear sequins and a couple clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh.
Love how it turned out. Hope this inspires you to play along with us.
Hugs,
~Varada

1 comment:

  1. Varada it's so lovely, I want to jump right into that scene you've created ... like in Mary Poppins!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!